Small employers often have administrative staff that also double as HR. The problem is that most administrative staff members have very limited knowledge of labor regulations, how to handle compliance with laws such as the Family & Medical Leave Act and the Fair Labor Standards Act, how to select, train, and develop supervisors, and issues that arise regarding poor performing employees. And, these kinds of issues affect business performance–in a very big way. Employee issues are distracting, frustrating, and if not handled correctly can bring regulatory investigations from the Department of Labor, EEOC, OFCCP, and other government agencies. And, if these issues are not handled correctly it can easily invite time consuming and expensive lawsuits.
How HR On-Call works:
Any time a compliance question needs answered or an HR issue handled, you just give us a call or email us and we respond right away. If an HR compliance question needs answered or an employee has demonstrated misconduct, we consult with you to identify the best solutions. If a more serious issue arises, such as an allegation of harassment or discrimination, we provide the necessary guidance and can even conduct an internal investigation for you. And, when a situation is really serious, such as a termination of employment scenario, we will write the letter for you and provide guidance on how to handle the separation safely and effectively.
All of our consultants are SPHR and SHRM certified, which means our consultants have passed rigorous board exams within the HR profession. Also, our consultants all have more than 20 years of experience in HR, so you’re guaranteed to speak with an expert who will help you manage your HR issues. And, the cost for working with our senior-level certified consultants is just $275 per hour, prorated to the quarter hour. So, in a particular month if you just needed a quick question answered, we would just bill for a quarter of an hour, or $68.75. We bill at the end of each month for work performed in the preceding month with terms Net30.
Some of the key issues we work on for our HR On-Call clients:
- Provide guidance on how to properly investigate and document an allegation of sexual harassment
- Develop retention strategies to slow down out of control employee turnover
- Create an effective policy that reduces unscheduled absenteeism among non-exempt workers
- Create an employee handbook and teach supervisors the “do’s and don’ts” of managing employees to minimize the risk of stepping on legal landmines
- Clarify the wage and hour rules regarding how to properly classify exempt vs. non-exempt workers to avoid DOL investigations, fines, and lawsuits
- Provide guidance on how to handle and document a situation involving a poor performing manager and handle a termination meeting effectively
- Provide guidance on how to implement policies and procedures to create structure and consistency in employment practices
- Provide guidance in easy-to-understand language regarding compliance with federal regulations involving managing employees in the United States
- Provide guidance on how to handle and document employee conflicts and allegations of favoritism
To learn more about how HR On-Call can help you, just give us a call at (800) 517-7129 or email us at email@example.com. We’re here to help!