Our HR On-Call service is exclusively for small employers with fewer than 100 employees. It is a cost effective way for you to quickly get answers to your most pressing HR questions and get the help you need whenever a complex employee situation arises. The HR On-Call service is essentially hiring a fractional, senior level HR Director who is highly skilled in all aspects of HR–but without the high cost of adding overhead expense.
The ability to just call or email whenever we have a question or need help with an issue has been invaluable and we always get prompt responses and straight answers. As an international company based in Europe, RPC’s HR On-Call continues to help us make the right employer decisions, so we avoid violating the rather complex U.S. labor and employment laws. Thank you!
Head of HR and Administration
World of Medicine
How HR On-Call Works
Any time a compliance question needs answered or an HR issue needs handled, you just give us a call or email us and we respond right away. If an employee has engaged in misconduct, we will consult with you to identify the best risk management solutions. If a more serious issue arises, such as an allegation of harassment or discrimination, we will guide you on how to handle it and, if necessary, we can conduct an internal investigation for you. In serious situations, such as a termination of employment scenario, we will write the letter for you and provide guidance on how to handle the separation safely and effectively.
All of our consultants are SPHR and/or SHRM certified, which means our consultants have passed rigorous board exams within the HR profession. Also, our consultants all have more than 20 years of experience, so you’re guaranteed to speak with an expert who will help you manage your HR issues. And, the cost for working with our senior-level certified consultants is just $275 per hour, prorated to the quarter hour. So, in a particular month if you just needed a quick question answered, we would just bill for a quarter of an hour, or $68.75. We bill at the end of each month for work performed in the preceding month with terms Net30. There are no up-front costs or retainers, but some of our clients prefer to keep a credit card on file for easier billing. Our goal is to make your life easier by minimizing the stress and anxiety of how to manage HR compliance and employee issues. Give us a call or reach out to us via our contact page.
Why HR On-Call?
Small employers often have administrative staff that also double as HR. The problem is that most administrative staff members have very limited knowledge of labor regulations, how to handle compliance with laws such as the Family & Medical Leave Act and the Fair Labor Standards Act, how to select, train, and develop supervisors, and handle issues that arise regarding poor performing employees. And, these kinds of issues affect business performance–in a very big way. Employee issues are distracting, frustrating, and if not handled correctly can bring regulatory investigations from the Department of Labor, EEOC, OFCCP, and other government agencies. And, if these issues are not handled correctly it can easily invite time consuming and expensive lawsuits.
Some of the key issues our HR On-Call clients leverage us for:
- Creating an employee handbook and teach supervisors the “do’s and don’ts” of managing employees to minimize the risk of stepping on legal landmines
- Developing retention strategies to slow down out of control employee turnover
- Creating an effective policy that reduces unscheduled absenteeism among non-exempt workers
- Clarify the wage and hour rules regarding how to properly classify exempt vs. non-exempt workers to avoid DOL investigations, fines, and lawsuits
- Providing guidance on how to handle and document a situation involving a poor performing manager and handle a termination meeting effectively
- Providing guidance on how to properly investigate and document an allegation of sexual harassment
- Providing guidance on how to implement policies and procedures to create structure and consistency in employment practices
- Providing guidance in easy-to-understand language regarding compliance with federal regulations involving managing employees in the United States
- Providing guidance on how to handle and document employee conflicts and allegations of favoritism
To learn more about how HR On-Call can help you, just reach out to us at (800) 517-7129 or go to our contact page. We’re here to help!
Need immediate assistance?
To speak with one of our team members about our consulting, training, or investigative services, contact us today.
“Thank you for once again saving the day with HR On-Call! This HR stuff is complicated, and we knew by calling RPC that you would give us the straight answers!”
CEO, Atec, Inc.