June 1, 2022
About This Course
When you receive an allegation of workplace harassment or discrimination or have received a potential Ethics violation, taking prompt action is your legal responsibility.
But let’s face it: most HR, Employee Relations’, Ethics and Compliance professionals – as well as business owners – have never had any formal training in how to properly conduct an internal investigation. And without having the appropriate skills in how to handle allegations in the workplace, and investigate them effectively, employees may feel their complaints are not taken seriously internally.
As a result, employees often take their complaints externally to the EEOC, Department of Labor, or to their attorney. Therefore, our Internal Investigations training course is a must-attend for those individuals who are responsible for handling employee relations issues and conducting internal, workplace investigations.
After all, is the time to learn how to do an internal investigation when you are suddenly faced with having to do one? Of course not. That’s where our training can help!
Key Benefits Of Attending Our Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Our intensive, three-day program on the internal investigations process is designed to provide you with the knowledge of why investigations are necessary, an understanding of the labor and employment laws that come into play during investigations, and a thorough understanding of the process from complaint intake to presenting findings. By attending, you will gain the knowledge and skills to help you to more effectively handle allegations, reduce employee complaints, and minimize legal liability.
This program is packed with practical tools, tips, and techniques to improve your investigative skills – and boost your confidence in handling sensitive and complex employee issues.
Using interactive exercises and drawing on years of practical experience, our trainers will outline a step-by-step internal investigation process that can be applied in all types of investigations, including harassment, theft, drug and alcohol abuse, and workplace violence.
By attending our Internal Investigations training seminar, you will learn how to properly handle a workplace or internal investigation, including:
- The legal obligations that require employers to conduct internal investigations
- How to gather documentary and physical evidence prior to witness interviewing
- How to establish a chain of custody and a confidential retention process
- How to prepare questions for witness interviews and select appropriate interviewing locations
- A standard format for documenting investigative findings
- Best practices in handling disciplinary action and terminations to avoid stepping on legal land mines
- Receive A ‘Certificate In Internal Investigations’ showing your commitment to training
- Earn 18 PHR / SPHR re-certification credit hours!
- Earn 18 SHRM PDCs
- Support our Wounded Warrior Scholarship Program
- Get access to our Internal Investigations Training & Certification Program!