Step 1: Determine Your Organization’s Size
Fewer than 100 Employees?
Our HR On-Call, fractional HR support is a perfect solution for smaller employers. With our senior-level, SPHR and SHRM-SCP certified HR Consultants you can have the expertise you need at a fraction of the cost of hiring someone internally. HR On-Call provides you with on-demand, highly skilled HR expertise as needed for help with HR compliance questions, employee performance and behavioral issues, documentation, compliance with labor and employment laws, employee handbooks and policies, and interim HR support to help with staffing shortages. HR On-Call is just $275/hour, prorated to the quarter hour and no retainer is required. Invoices are sent at the end of each month for work performed in the preceding month with terms Net30. For more information or to get started today please contact us at or at (800) 517-7129, Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 5:30 pm Eastern Time.
For larger organizations, we provide senior-level SPHR and SHRM-SCP certified HR Consultants who provide fractional HR support on a per-project basis. We can partner with you on a short-term project or we can provide you with a fractional HR leader who can help you on an interim basis while experiencing a staffing shortage in HR. Consulting project costs are based on the Scope of Work to be performed, travel costs incurred if on-site work is required, as well as the length of time you will need an HR Consultant. To help us provide pricing for your HR Consulting project, please proceed to Step 2: Identify the HR Issues.
Step 2: Identify the HR Issues
To help determine how best we can assist you, the best place to start is with simply building a list of current challenges and issues that you feel can be improved or resolved with external HR expertise.
Here are a few questions for you to answer to help you build your list:
1. What have you identified as “pain points” internally that gives you pause to seek external expertise?
2. What are the tasks/projects that you have continually had to put off because you just don’t have the time or resources to execute?
3. Have you experienced some turnover in your HR department that has created a capacity issue with existing team members? If so, how do you feel an external HR Consultant can help take the pressure off?
Here is an example of the “Identify the HR Issues” list that was submitted by one of our customers who needed senior-level HR help on a project:
1. We have tried to get an audit done to figure out our Exempt and Non-exempt classifications, but we just keep putting it off because we just never seem to have the time to do it.
2. We know we probably have some people classified wrong but we also aren’t 100% sure of our decisions and need someone with the knowledge who can help us.
3. We think our job descriptions are also an issue and we’ll need help getting some revised.
4. We need to get the classification project done, first, because we also have some compensation issues and have had some people quit over it.
In this customer example above, we developed a Scope of Work (which is essentially a project plan matrix) for them and successfully completed the project in 8 weeks.
Once you have your “HR Issues List” just move on to Step 3: Schedule a No-Obligation Consultation Call so we can discuss your needs and determine next steps.
Step 3: Schedule a No-Obligation Consultation Call
Once you’ve completed your “HR Issues List” we’ll join you and the key decision maker for the project on a conference call. Our goal is to get to know you and understand your organization’s strategic goals so we can begin preparing a Scope of Work, which is essentially a project plan matrix that outlines the various tasks to be performed. A follow-up call is then scheduled to review the Scope of Work document to identify any adjustments that need to be made.
What happens next?
Once we have agreed upon the Scope of Work, length of the project and other key details, we submit a Services Agreement that is signed by the individual with approval authority for the project. Most HR Consulting projects will require an initial deposit in order for work to begin. The amount of the deposit varies, depending upon the size and scope of work to be performed and length of the engagement.
Ready to get the HR Consulting help you need?
Call us today at (800) 517-7129 or go our contact page and one of our HR consultants will respond to you right away. We look forward to working with you!